The police have now identified the injured and the deceased from past Friday’s fatal car accident involving the Adrenaline Mob and a tractor-trailer. The band and its crew had been traveling in a convoy on Interstate 75 near Micanopy, FL while on tour around noon.
Th band’s RV had pulled over to the shoulder of the road to fix a flat tire with its van and trailer also stopping to assist. During that time a tractor-trailer truck veered off the highway and struck the band’s RV, causing extensive damage to it that saw it catch fire. The band’s trailer and van were also struck and suffered extensive damage.
Nine people were in the involved vehicles with Adrenaline Mob‘s bassist David Zablidowsky being killed in the RV. While police omitted his identity from their report due to pending notification of next of kin, his passing has since been confirmed by various friends and family. According to Gainesville.com, the following were involved in the accident:
• Robert Edwin Haines, 59 of Largo, driver of the 2014 semi, who was not injured.
• Jason McCole, 41 of Wilksbarre, Pa., driver of the RV, who was seriously injured.
• A second passenger in the RV, Russell Allen (Adrenaline Mob), 38, of New Jersey, who was seriously injured.
• A third passenger, Janet Revis [aka Janet Rains], 48, of Pitts Pond, Pa., who was critically injured.
• A fourth passenger, Dale Campiglia, 51 of Levittown, N.Y., who was seriously injured.
• A fifth passenger, Robert Dressler, 45 of Plaines, Pa., who was seriously injured.
• The driver of driver of a 2003 GMC Sierra, Jordan Cannata (Adrenaline Mob), 27 of West Babylon, N.Y., who was seriously injured.
• The lone passenger in the GMC, 46-year-old Mike Orlando (Adrenaline Mob) of Staten Island, N.Y., who seriously injured.
According to Mike Orlando‘s girlfriend, Dale Campiglia, Janet Rains and Jason McCole‘s injuries are currently the most severe, with the rest being described as being “ok”. Police are still investigating the incident.
Adrenaline Mob singer Russell Allen has now issued the below statement regarding the traffic accident that claimed the life of his band’s bassist David Zablidowsky:
“Yesterday I was involved in an accident that took the life of my dear friend and band mate David Z Rock and left 3 of our crew in critical condition. I’m overwhelmed with sorrow. I am so grateful for the out pouring of love we have received from around the world. Please continue to pray for David‘s family during this difficult time. And those in critical condition. I want to personally thank Marine Lance Cpl. Patrick Dumon for his bravery in assisting me pull our Driver Jason from the wreckage and for attending to his wounds. And for helping me to secure and attend to Jane once I was able to get her free from the fire. Without his selfless act of courage I would not have been able to get them clear of the RV before it was engulfed in flames. On behalf of my band and crew I thank you.”