“It doesn’t get more blasphemous than this,” declares Behemoth mastermind Nergal, about the band’s upcoming album, “I Loved You At Your Darkest” – due out October 5th via Metal Blade Records (North America) / Nuclear Blast (Europe). While it certainly seems an unlikely title for a black metal band, its origin might surprise fans even more than the words themselves.
“It’s a verse from the Bible,” Nergal reveals. “It’s actually a quote from Jesus Christ himself. For Behemoth to use it as the basis of our record, it’s sacrilege to the extreme.”
A crushing salvo of black metal majesty replete with hellish riffs, thundering drum cannonades and soaring liturgical choirs reminiscent of classic horror cinema, I Loved You At Your Darkest is the group’s most dynamic record yet: extreme and radical on one hand, but also more rock-oriented than any other Behemoth release.
Produced by the band themselves, with drum co-production by Daniel Bergstrand (Meshuggah, In Flames), mixing by Matt Hyde (Slayer, Children Of Bodom) mastering by Tom Baker (Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson), and a 17-piece Polish orchestra arranged by Jan Stoklosa.
The following formats are available in North America, along with an exclusive t-shirt:
– jewelcase CD
– digibook CD (hardcover digibook, 40 page booklet)
– baltic amber vinyl (limited to 600 copies)
– opaque white w/ gold splatter vinyl (Metal Blade Records exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
– black / gold split vinyl (Metal Blade Records exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
– clear w/ smoky black swirl (Nuclear Blast US exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
– clear w/ grey inside (Kings Road exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
– “God = Dog” 7″ picture disc (Metal Blade Records exclusive – limited to 666 copies)
“I Loved You At Your Darkest” tracklisting:
2. Wolves ov Siberia
3. God = Dog
4. Ecclesia Diabolica Catholica
6. If Crucifixion Was Not Enough…
7. Angelvs XIII
8. Sabbath Mater
9. Havohej Pantocrator
10. Rom 5:8
11. We Are the Next 1000 Years